Welcome to the Stockholm Hash House Harriers!
🍻 A Drinking Club with a Running Problem 👣
COVID-19 Information for the Stockholm Hashers
With the new guidelines announced on 2020-11-16, in which public gatherings are to be limited to at most 8 people, the MizMan has decided that the Stockholm Hash will from now on abide by the following rules until further notice:
- Laying the trail: hares should feel comfortable to set trails – if you're not, please let the hare raiser know asap. Otherwise, the hares should set the trail as usual. They should be A-2-A trails, and close to the centre of town. Trails should be well marked, since the hares will now not accompany the runners/walkers.
- Arrival: Hashers should try to pay hash cash in advance with Swish, or immediately on arrival. The cost will remain the same for the time being. The hash book may not be there, so the Hash Cash will keep a note of who comes and update the book. The hash car should come early, so that people can drop off their stuff quickly.
- Setting off: Hashers should not congregate at the beginning. Hash starts will be staggered, and groups of a maximum of 8 participants will set off on a ‘first come, first served’ basis at 10-minute intervals for both walkers and runners trails. When 6-8 hashers have arrived, the hares will set them off in the right direction.
- Running the trail: In the event that one group catches up with another during the trail, then they should pause for at least two minutes, allowing the faster group to overtake. Groups should not mingle at the check points, but stay within their 6-8 person running groups. Runners should not mark the check points to allow groups behind them to find the trail.
- Drink stops: are suspended until further notice. Hares are however encouraged to include a couple of quick ‘beer quests’ with hidden cans of beer on their trails, but it's at their discretion.
- The circle: is suspended until further notice. The hash ends when hashers reach the start point again, after which they should get their bags from the hash car and disperse as quickly as possible
Please follow these guidelines as they are important for you and others' well-being. We want the hash to carry on, so we may have to ask those who don't follow these guidelines to not come again.
Keep Calm and Carry OnOn!
Ali Wank Bonk, GM SAH3
Dirty Lobster, GM, SUH3
The Hash House Harriers is an international non-competitive running / drinking / social club that was started by a few British expatriates at the Royal Selangor Club in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 1938. The three tenets of hashing are: a) to promote physical fitness, b) to acquire a good thirst, and c) to satisfy it with beer. This winning concept spread over time and you can now find local chapters (aka kennels) in almost every big city throughout the world!
The Stockholm Underground H3 meet every Wednesday night and the Absolut H3, every second Saturday afternoon all year around come rain or shine (or snow). Runs are typically around 6-10 km long and last for about an hour with frequent regroupings and liquid refreshments along the way followed by a social gathering afterwards.
So lace up those old shoes and come & run with us! Shape or level of fitness doesn't matter, everyone is welcome and you'll find slow walkers as well as fast sprinters and long distance marathon runners among us at any age from about 18 to 80.
Apart from this website, we also have a private Facebook page and a mailing list where we post information about future runs and discuss other hash related topics. To join the list, send an e-mail to and tell us your hash name and the name of a local hasher who can vouch for you. For the Facebook page, ask someone you meet at the hash to add you. Please note that both are mainly for local hashers who come regularly, so if you're just visiting, this website should be all you need.
For questions or comments related to this website, send a message to the .